Monday 17 June 2013

Just One Taste Is All It Takes

Today the Guardian of Glitter and I spent a relaxing afternoon gathering fruit. We picked some dark red cherries in the peaceful village of Mapshire, went to the angry town of Thompson and plucked the tangy oranges from their trees, then went to the settlement of Lycanton and snagged some of their gleaming red apples. We wanted to depart Lycanton before nightfall, as all the inhabitants are werepeople and we didn’t want to get involved in any scuffles. Nikki tried to take us down a back alley “shortcut” where we were stopped by a shaddy looking werefox named Redd. He was selling black market strawberries that would supposedly fetch a pretty penny back home, being that they were grown in the swamps of Glitz.

I made this card using a kraft base and some of my precious My Little Shoebox patterned paper. I stamped the jar and strawberries using the Lawn Fawn “Summertime Charm” set and coloured them with Distress Markers and my Hydrabrush of +59 wetness. I then added some brown cord (that we’ve already determined I’m old enough to play with) to the top of the jar. The sentiment I stamped using the Lawn Fawn “Harold’s ABCs” set and used some glittery alphabet letters as well. They are supposed to be adhesive, but they're so old they wouldn't stick, so I had to glue them down "manually". A little raffia tied this card front off. (Wow...I just earned +80 punny points).

On the inside I stamped some images using the “Summertime Charm” set and the sentiment using the My Creative Time “Wow! So Many Candles” set.

To make the envelope match I stamped some strawberries on it, then added the little dash lines...not entirely sure why.

This sweet card will store itself in the following challenges:
Desert Island Crafters Challenge #56 (used #3:patterned paper, #5:ribbon/cording, #6:something glittery & #10:sentiment)

As the Guardian of Glitter’s eyes grew wide at the site of the jarred magically strawberries, I quickly pulled her away and ushered us out of Lycanton as quickly as possible. I had heard nasty rumours of people eating such strawberries and becoming addicted to them, eventually selling everything they own in a vain search for more of the habit-forming fruit. I didn’t need any of my guildys to become dependant on magical fruit!

~ Guild Master Crystal ~

18 comments:

Jeri said...

Great card and the matching envelope is fantastic. Thanks for sharing at Cardz TV.

Janine said...

What a sweet set. Love strawberries so this card is right up my alley. Thanks for joining us at FOSTV for our Birthday party.

Karen Z. Bull said...

The love is in the details - I just think that envelope is so cute! I love the mason jar too.

Karen Z. Bull
craftybullpen@craftybullpen.com

Jenn Borjeson said...

Super sweet for sure! Thanks for joining us at DICC and at The Cheerful Stamp Pad! :)

Debs said...

Super sweet card - love the jar of strawberries.
Thanks for playing with The Divas this week.
Good luck.
Debs xx

Janice said...

A lovely jar of berries and a super sweet card - thanks for sharing it with us at Diva's! Jx

Melissa said...

Wonderful, looks gr8t, thanks for joining CTVS!

Michele said...

i love the style of your card; it is beautiful thank you for joining the "you're sweet" challenge at the cheerful stamp pad! xo

Ginny Maxam said...

sweet card!! I Love Kraft!!
Ginny M
www.maxammade.blogspot.com

Karin said...

Such a yummy card! Love the adorable sentiment too :) Thanks for playing at DRS Designs!

Jennifer E. said...

Adorable! This is a perfect birthday card! Thanks for playing with DRS Designs this week! Good Luck!

Shelia said...

What a cute jar of strawberries!!! This is one sweet card!! :-) Thanks for playing along with us at DRS Designs.

Ellibelle said...

Another fabulous creation! Love the stamp!
Thanks so much for playing along in my summertime wordplay saturday challenge at my creative moments.

girlia said...

Strawberries are my favorite. Thanks for joining us this week at CTVS

Mimi said...

Love your creation! Also loved your day that you journaled. Isn't it great the those days bring the best memories!

Thank you for joining the Cardztv Design Team!
mimi2trentdrew.blogspot.com

Gail said...

This is beautiful! Love your strawberries in the jar! Thanks for playing at FOSTV enjoy your week ! Gail DT

Suzanne C said...

Sweet card! Love those fun strawberries! Glad you joined us at Simon Says Stamp and Show!

Karen said...

oh what a super sweet birthday card!

Post a Comment

All comments give us a little exp, allowing us to level up faster! The Crafters Guild thanks your exp contribution!