Sunday, 17 March 2013

A Springy Facade

As snow continues to fall over the realm, despite spring being a mere three days away, people have grown increasingly frustrated. This tends to happen this time of year. It is rather disheartening to watch a foot of snow fall when just two weeks ago the lanes were beginning to melt and dry up. To temper my own displeasure with the weather I decided to retreat to the crafting chambers and make something cheery that reminded me of spring.

I created this shaped card using the Birthday Bash cartridge. I embossed the brown piece with my Cuttlebug and a Tim Holtz embossing folder. The sunflowers I cut using the “Just Because” Cards cartridge. I cut out “mom” using the Rock Princess cartridge and then embossed that as well, earning me +381 texturization exp points. I added some Adage tickets and a piece of yellow ribbon tied in a bow to complete the front.

On the inside I stamped the sentiment using the My Pink Stamper “Birthday Crazy” set. I added a butterfly from the 7 Gypsies “Steampunk” set and that other random shape from a nameless cheapo clear set I have kicking around the crafting chambers.

This card will “spring” into the following challenges:
Pile It On Challenge #11: Circles and/or Squares
Creative Craft Challenges2 #5: Mother’s Day
Penny’s Challenge #118: Ribbons and Diecuts
Cute Card Thursday Challenge #260: Anything Goes
Dream Valley Challenge #52: Mother’s Day
Challenges 4 Everybody #16: Anything Goes
Spark Your Creativity Now Challenge #7: Anything Goes
My Creative Moments Wordplay Saturday Challenge - “springtime”

Although Mother’s Day is still two months away, it did lift my spirits to create a springtime card and pretend that outside there was green grass and flowers blossoming rather than the frozen, white wasteland that awaits me. Siiiiiiiiigh...

~ Guild Master Crystal ~

5 comments:

Dewi Lestari said...

Gorgeous Mother's Day card! Thanks for joining at Creative Craft Challenges: Mother's Day
Hugs
Dewi

Helen said...

Great card - love the colours you've used.

Thanks for joining us at Penny's.

Helen x

Jennifer said...

What a fab card...I'm sure your Mum will love it.

Thanks for joining in the fun at Penny's Paper Crafty Challenge,and good luck in the draw.

Hugs,
Jennifer. x

Ellie said...

Fabulous card! Loving your choice of papers! Great colors!
Thanks so much for playing at my word play saturday challenge!

Anthony Paterson said...

very nice well done ,thank you for joining us at challenge 4 everybody good luck and hope to see you again soon.
AJ dtm

Post a Comment

All comments give us a little exp, allowing us to level up faster! The Crafters Guild thanks your exp contribution!