Tonight the Lady Commander of Copics and I were called to the village as some sort of skeletal zombie demon had wandered in through the gates and was attacking people. We grabbed our weapons, mounted our horses, casting a swiftness spell on them, and rode as fast as possible to the nearby village. Before we even got through the gates, we passed a trail of bloodied bodies on the ground - this beast was strong, and it was hungry. I dismounted Ruffles and drew my sword, hurrying into the town square, my sister following close behind. We noticed people fleeing the tavern and figured that would be a good place to start looking for the creature. We were quite surprised with what we saw upon entering the alehouse. The demon appeared to be female in nature and though devoid of any flesh, she had hair, pulled back into a ponytail and was wearing clothing - not something demons generally tend to do.
This card was created for the reminder about the Just Some Lines October Challenge that is happening now! The theme this month is Halloween. Come play along with a JSL image for a chance to win a digi!
There is another tale that goes with this card. A sad tale. A true tale. There I was, happily colouring in the Just Some Lines “The Eater” image with my Prismacolor pencils, blending with Gamsol as I went, when there was a mishap. I dipped my blending stump into the Gamsol and when replacing the cap on the small jar I keep it in, it slipped and spilled the oily substance all over my nearly done picture!!! Numerous “M” rated cuss words were shouted as I crumpled up my ruined image in frustration and began to clean up the mess. In a huff, I retreated from the crafting chambers, no longer wanting to work on anything. A day or two passed and I returned to my work bench and sadly uncrumpled the image. To my surprise, you could barely tell it was completely soaked in Gamsol a few days ago. I finished colouring it and accentuated the crumpliness with Distress Ink...almost as if it were intentional. This earned me +666 revival magic exp points, which is sure to come in handy during battle...or other crafting mishaps. The base of the card was cut using the Mini Monsters cartridge, as was the spider and the web. I embossed the “drip” using my Cuttlebug and sanded it to make it more defined and distressed. I distressed the heck out of all the paper to match the crumpled up image.
I stamped the inside edges using the Dylusions “Further Around the Edge” set and added the sentiment using a Unity stamp.
This spidery card will chomp its way into the following challenges:
Although the clothes and hair made it seem less imposing, as soon as the skeletal zombie opened its mouth to snack on a passing spider we caught a glimpse of its razor sharp teeth, dripping with blood, that were surely used to tear into the poor people now piled at its feet. Before the demon could strike, the Lady Commander cast a Holy spell, weakening its defence stat, while I attacked with my tech Sword Strike. It didn’t take too many turns of battle to defeat the monster and prevent any more carnage. In the morning we would have to investigate as to where this creature had emerged and ensure there were no more of its kind to terrorize the village.
~ Guild Master Crystal ~