Monday 28 October 2013

The Potion Peddler

Salutations. Today we received the first of what will surely be many a snowfall. The blustering winds howled outside whilst I huddled under my furs with a mug of tea, trying to stay warm in front of the roaring fire. I was startled when I heard a pounding on the Guild Hall door, as I couldn’t imagine who would be outside in this weather. Unhappy at having to leave my warmth bundle, I opened the large oak door. On the stoop stood a girl dressed in her winter attire and holding a steamy beverage.
“Good day, m’lady. Can I interest you in a warmth potion? I have a sample if you’re interested,” she said thrusting forth the mug.

I started this card by stamping the Kraftin’ Kimmie “Piper” image onto watercolour paper and colouring her using my Distress Markers and Hydrabrush of +40 wetness. I cut the scalloped circle out using my well loved Art Philosophy cartridge and stamped the sentiment using the Lawn Fawn “Winter Fox” set. The large mug is from an October Afternoon sticker sheet that I’ve been hoarding for about 3 years and finally decided to use, earning myself +282 bravery exp points. I added some Distress Ink to the edges of all the papers slapped on some red thread and called the front done.    

On the inside I cut the scalloped sqaures out using Art Philosophy again. The red sentiment is from Unity and the brown one is from the Echo Park “Holly Jolly Christmas” set. I then added the little steamy mug that came with Piper.

On the envelope I stamped the mug again and added some red snowflakes to match the colour scheme of the card.

This chilly craft will warm up the following challenges:
The Corrosive Challenge #186 - Tic-Tac-Toe (patterned paper, image, sentiment)

Knowing better than to accept food or drink from a complete stranger, I politely declined her offer and shut the door. I then rushed to a window and watching the girl, silently whispered a Reveal spell. I wasn’t surprised when her innocent appearance melted away to reveal a hideous ice witch demon. Although her glamour didn’t fool me, I am a seasoned adventurer and wise to such tricks; some of the smallfolk may not know to refuse the seemingly sweet lass. Annoyed at having to leave the warmth of the Guild Hall, I grabbed my sword and fur cloak and set out to stop the demon.  
 
~ Guild Master Crystal ~

6 comments:

Margaret said...

So very cute. Love the watercolor look. Thanks for joining us at Tammy's Scrapin Corner for this challenge.
Margaret, DT

karalschuknecht said...

This is such a cute card and love it. Thanks for joining us this week for "Anything Goes."
Karal DT for Tammy's Scrapin Corner
My Blog: Karals Creative Corner

Hazel said...

Thanks for another lovely entry for CHNC challenge extra for October - hope to see you again soon. x

Eemeli said...

Great design. The image is very cute and I love how you have colored it. Thanks for joining our "Anything Goes" challenge this week at Tammy's Scrapin Corner.

Hugs from Finland,
Eemeli {DT}

Suzanne C said...

Sweet card! The image is adorable and such a pretty design. Love the stamped matching envelope! Glad you joined us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge.

Debbie said...

Love the effect of stamping on watercolor paper! Who knew! I have loads of it and never once stamped on it! I will be doing so. Too Too Cute! Thanks for joining us at The Corrosive Challenge and good luck!

DebbieM - TCC DT

Post a Comment

All comments give us a little exp, allowing us to level up faster! The Crafters Guild thanks your exp contribution!