Friday 20 June 2014

A Birthday HIT

Today the Guardian of Glitter and I set to some physical training in anticipation of the battle that was sure to ensue when we set out to rescue the Lady Commander of Copics from the Floundering Reef. To keep our melee battle skills high, we had a ninja from the Tumbled Glass Clan come to the Guild Hall and train us in some new kickboxing moves.

I made this card for a trainer at the gym I go to. Since the name of it is 30 Minute Hit I wanted the “hit” portion to be super prominent. I started this card by creating the background using the Tim Holtz “Dot Fade” stencil and Distress Inks. I chose the blue and pink colours since those are the colours of the gym (my boxing gloves are pink - teehee). I didn’t have any fighty stamps, but I did find this clip art on my computer and used that as my image, colouring it with Prismacolor pencils. The sentiment I stamped using the Lawn Fawn “Jessie’s ABCs” set and the “hit” was cut out using the Birthday Bash cartridge and then embossed with the Swiss Dots Cuttlebug folder.

On the inside I stamped the sentiment and image using the There She Goes “Ninja Skillz” set. 

The envelope was inked using the Dot Fade stencil and then stamped with her name using “Jessie’s ABCs”, making it match the front and earning me +88 coordination XP.  

This card will pack a punch in the following challenges:
Penny’s Challenge #182: Favourite Embellishments (eyelets and brads are my 2 favs)
SantoriniTones515.png

After our training session, the Guardian of Glitter and I were spent. We did however manage to gain three levels in our melee damage! Feeling more confident, we sat down to figure out the details of our rescue mission.

~ Guild Master Crystal ~

9 comments:

Blossom Cards said...

lovely fun card thanks for sharing with brown sugar this week Rachel dt

Holly AKA KopyKat said...

Oh this is so super cute! I need to get my Ninja's out and ink them up again soon. LOVE this. Thanks for playing with us over at Loves Rubberstamps!!!

Michelle said...

Great card. I like the image.
Thanks for joining us at Craft your Passion.
xxx Michelle (DT)

Sandra said...

What a fun and festive card! The sentiments are so sweet! Thank you so much for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. Hugs, Sandra

Shanna Shands said...

Cool card. I love the concept. Thanks for playing at Loves Rubberstamps.

Jackie Randolph said...

WOW!! Cute birthday card!! Thanks for sharing with us here at Love to Create Challenges!!
Hugs'
Jackie - LTC owner/designer

jonim52 said...

Cute card. Thanks for joining us at Loves Rubberstamps.

Gloria said...

Thank you Crafters Guid sisters for sharing your card with Brown Sugar Challenge Blog this week.
Kind regards,
Gloria
DT member at BSCB

Unknown said...

Great card! Thanks for sharing it at Penny's this week
Cheers Nicole

Post a Comment

All comments give us a little exp, allowing us to level up faster! The Crafters Guild thanks your exp contribution!