Monday 30 July 2012

The Lake of Mirrors

It sure has been a hot last couple days in the Guild Hall. I had to send the house gnomes to the market to purchase some jars of witchwind in an attempt to keep the place cool.  The Lady Commander suggested an outing to the Lake of Mirrors to help "beat the heat". I vetoed that idea on account of the recent harpy infestation. Her suggestion did remind me of our "beach" outing to the Lake of Mirrors the previous year when we took our pets to the lake and my dire wolf, Lycan, went swimming for the first time.


First I spritzed the page with my London Blue Dylusions spray ink earning me +45 splatter exp points. I cut the phrase "splash" from the Pack Your Bags cartridge and embossed it using good 'ol reliable Swiss Dots. The little sun was from Simply Charmed and the phrase "doggy days" was from Four Legged Friends. I earned a triple combo bonus for using three different cartridges on this layout netting me +357 exp points!

I don't know how I feel about this layout. I definitely specialize in card making attack points and I will have to level up my scrapbook layout magic quite a bit. Well...not going to level up if I don't gain some experience first.

I will enter this piece into the following challenges:


Crafting For All Seasons Challenge #32: Splash Me
Paper Playtime Challenge #80: Anything Goes
Pause Dream Enjoy Challenge #23: Beach Theme

The heat has yet to ebb and I think we will be slumbering in the dungeons tonight just to keep cool. Hopefully the brigands will keep quiet so we can get some rest.

~ Guild Master Crystal ~

4 comments:

Janis Lewis said...

Great layout! I love seeing the doggie play in the water. Thanks for playing with us at Pause Dream Enjoy Challenges.
:) Janis

cotnob said...

This is a fab layout, I love the gorgeous colours and photos.
Thank you for joining us at Crafting for all Seasons.
Pauline
x

papertrails leaver said...

Such a fun layout and love the blues! Thanks for joining us at Paper Playtime for our anything goes challenge. :-) Amy

Bianca said...

What a super splashy LO!!! I also love the photos you made! Thank you for joining us at Crafting for all Seasons! xx Bianca

Post a Comment

All comments give us a little exp, allowing us to level up faster! The Crafters Guild thanks your exp contribution!