Monday 19 August 2013

Follow the Herd

Good day and welcome to the Guild Hall. Don’t mind the straw strewn about. We just returned from a quest over at Natsume Farm. The proprietor had sent a raven to the Crafters Guild earlier today, imploring us to assist him, as someone had stolen all his animals! We donned our armour, grabbed our weapons and rode west to the large farm. The young farmer was in quite a state when we arrived, clearly concerned for not only his animals' safety, but for the loss of revenue that their absence was causing. I lead my direwolf Lycan into the barn so he could collect their scent and then released him. After sniffing the ground for a bit, he took off, following the scent of the stolen animals.   

This was created for the Creative Card Crew’s “Down on the Farm” challenge that is happening now! Create a farm themed project and you could win a $15 gift voucher to Scrapping Center!

 

I made this card for a lady I work with. She lives on a farm with numerous animals (including a buffalo), so decided to make her a farm themed card. I started by cutting the horse and cow out using the Create-a-Critter cartridge and the buffalo using the Birthday Bash cartridge. You may think I stamped a “50” on his skate because the card recipient is turning 50...well....you would be wrong {lol}. I stamped the “50” because her actual buffalo is named “50 Bucks” as that is how much she paid for him ($50). Oh...and she noticed the 50 right away and loooooved that little touch :) Anyways...I digress...the farm house/barn I cut out using the Country Life cartridge and embossed it with my Cuttlebug before gluing it together, earning myself +202 texturization exp points and leveling up! I adhered the animals and the house using different thicknesses of pop dots to create dimension. I then stamped the sentiment using the My Pink Stamper “Birthday Crazy” set. Some ribbon and a sunflower button I’ve had in my stash foreeeeever finished off the front.


On the inside I stamped the sentiment using the Lawn Fawn “On the Mend” and “Harold’s ABCs” sets. I then decorated the edges using the Dylusions “Further Around the Edge” set. I wanted to leave enough white space for everyone to sign.

Which they did!


I used the same Dylusions border stamp around the edge of the envelope to make everything match wonderfully.


This herd will stampede into the following challenges:


We eventually came across the animals in a small apple grove. There didn’t appear to be anyone else around, but they had clearly been taken as they were all tethered to trees. Whilst the Lady Commander of Copics watched our backs, the Guardian of Glitter and I untied the animals and led them back to Natsume farm. It was suspicious that there was no one about and I told the young farmer to perhaps get a guard dog, or someone to stand watch over his flock by night, should the thief return to finish the job. The whole thing seemed kind of "off" to me and I had a feeling this wasn't the end of it...


~ Guild Master Crystal ~

13 comments:

Unknown said...

Fabulous fun card, I do love this, xxx

Sunshine HoneyBee said...

Saw your card at MFP Speedy Fox & Friend Wk173 House Challenge. Like it a lot. Like the Cricut cuts. Especially like the Buffalo. There use to be a farm near the Frito Lay bldg here In Plano, TX where Frito Lay corporation is w/ Buffalo but the Buffalo are all gone now.
Melissa
"Sunshine HoneyBee"

Meggymay said...

A wonderful fun card. its a super farmyard scene. Thank you for joining us at TioT's this time.
Yvonne

Alljazzed2create said...

This is fabulous.. Love how you embossed the barn.. Thanks for joining us over at Perfect Sentiments for this weeks challenge.

Pam
Senior DT

Winnie and Patty said...

This card is absolutely adorable!!! Thanks for playing along with us this week at Speedy Fox & Friends blog challenge!

wannabcre8tive said...

Your card is so adorable. Thanks, for joining us over at Speedy Fox and Friends for our house challenge.

Pat said...

Awesome. Love the cow on skates. Thanks for joining speedy fox and friends

Cathy L. Calamas said...

Adorable card.Love the bull on roller skates. Thanks for sharing it with us at TIOT in our "Make a scene" Challenge.

Brenda said...

OMGosh this card is adorable!!! I love the critters and the barn with the embossing! Thanks for joining us at Jo's FFC;-)

katslittlepassion said...

Cute card!!! :) Thank you for joining us at CYP challenge!
Kat
Craft Your Passion DT

Helen said...

Great, fun card - love the way you've put it together.

Thanks for joining us at A Gem of a Challenge.

Helen x

MommyScraps said...

SOOOO cute! And love the little sunflower! Thanks for joining us at Craft Your Passion!
-Adina

alethea said...

Cute card! Thanks for joining us at Craft Your Passion! HUgsxx

Post a Comment

All comments give us a little exp, allowing us to level up faster! The Crafters Guild thanks your exp contribution!