Wednesday 19 September 2012

A Belligerent Drunk

After a hard day's work labouring in the Rainbow Fields, trying to harvest the colour crops before the frost, the Lady Commander and I decided to head into the village for a drink at the Inked Cricket, one of the local taverns. As I was ordering our mustard seed ales, one of the tavern's specialties, the Lady Commander went to find us a table in the busy pub. I paid for our drinks and turned to find the table my sister had claimed, only to see her drawing her kraft blade, Paper-Ripper. In front of her stood a drunk, howling wench waving a rusted knife. Paper-Ripper shone as Angela held it, ready to defend herself against the belligerent woman if necessary. How I find inspiration in situations such as this, I will never understand.
I started by stamping and colouring Jill from The Greeting Farm's Creepin Kit with Prismacolors. I liked it immediately after colouring it, then looked at it again and decided her dress looked like a watermelon. *sigh* Oh well....power through. I cut her a little Christmas hat using The Winnie the Pooh and Friends cartridge. It's hard to tell in the picture, but the white end is also glittered up, causing the Guardian of Glitter great glee. I embossed the green piece behind her with some snowflakes to make it more Christmas-like (again, hard to see in this horrible picture). The sentiment was from my new favourite set "Christmas Words" Dylusions set. Last I attached a piece of old lace on the bottom...and I mean ooooooold lace. Like this lace was from my GRANDMA'S stash!!! Using the Ancient Lace of Frills earned me +392 nostalgia exp points.
The sentiment continues on the inside. The little snowflakes came from the "Holly Jolly" Echo Park set. The Happy Holidays is from "Christmas Wishes" from My Pink Stamper.
I (of course) made a matching envelope with the Echo Park snowflakes.

I will be entering this into the following challenges:
The Greeting Farm's Farm Fresh Friday Challenge: Old Lace
Simon Says Stamp Challenge: Emboss It!
Divas By Design Challenge #53: Lovely Layers
Tammy's Scrapin Corner Challenge #28: Anything Goes

Luckily, some of the men in the tavern were able to remove the wench without it coming to blows with the Lady Commander. Paper-Ripper was ready to slice her to ribbons, which I suppose wouldn't have been so bad. Who can't use more ribbon?

~Guild Master Crystal ~

6 comments:

DesignerDiva said...

LOL what a fabulous sentiment and a really cute card!
Thanks for playing along at Diva's this week with your 'lovely layers'
Hugs Laurie x

Unknown said...

I have so enjoyed your blog and your creation is fantastic. Thank you so much for sharing with us. I wish you well in the this week's Challenge. We hope to see you back next week.
Hugs
Tammy Ortiz
Founder of
Tammy Scrapin Corner

Melissa Bove said...

Super fun card!! Love that great image!! Love the fabulous sentiment too!! :)

Thank you very much for joining us this week at the Simon Says Stamp Challenge Blog!

Hugs...
Melissa

G8country life said...

What an adventure lol, I love how Christmas-y you made your image. Like the embossing and sentiment too : ) thank you for joining us at Tammy's Scrapin Corner-Elisa

**If you would like to be a Guest Designer with us please add GDT to your entry. At the end of every challenge one(random) winner will be chosen.

Laura Bradley said...

Thanks for sharing this fab card with us at Divas! Laura x

Andie's Space said...

Hi Crystal,
This is fab. I love the image & the fab sentiment. Thanks for joining us at Divas By Design this week.
Hugs,
Andie xx

Post a Comment

All comments give us a little exp, allowing us to level up faster! The Crafters Guild thanks your exp contribution!