Tuesday 18 September 2012

The Elf Went Postal

Today was a rather uneventful day at the Guild Hall. The direwolves were quiet and not a hellhound was stirring. I decided to take the time to clean the crafting chambers. That is the one room I do not allow the house gnomes to clean as I tend to keep everything and wouldn't want them throwing any of my precious bits in the rubbish. As the afternoon wore on, I came to realize that I had accumulated quite the hoard of paper scraps. Instead of throwing them away, I decided to take a respite from the tiresome chores and make a card.

I started by stamping the postcard from Lawn Fawn's "You've Got Mail" set. Then I used my Prismacolors to color up that cute digi from Meljen's Designs. I used "Twig & Berry - Postmarks" by Kaisercraft to stamp the postmarks on the postcard. The sentiment was stamped with the "Christmas Wishes" set by My Pink Stamper. I randomly layered some scraps of Christmas paper and adhered them down. Slapped some buttons on the side and called 'er a day.
I used some more of those postmark stamps on the inside and finished off the sentiment started on the front using the "Christmas Words" Dylusions stamp set.
Made a little matching envelope for this postal elf. This is actually a pretty small card - closed it measures 3.5" x 6.25".

I will be entering this into the following challenges:
Meljen's Design Team Challenge #127: Scrap It
Tammy's Scrapin Corner Challenge #28: Anything Goes
Try it on Tuesday: Anything Goes September Challenge
Paper Playtime Challenge #84: Punches & A Sentiment

It feels good to use some of those scraps on an actual card rather than watching the pile swell with no end in site. I didn't get much actual cleaning done...but did manage to lose -92 hoarder exp points - trust me...that's a good thing. That is one attribute I need to go down a level!

~ Guild Master Crystal ~

10 comments:

Unknown said...

You seriously crack me up every time! I'm crushing on this card. Love how you colored Gruffy Little Gnome. Thank you so much for joining us at Meljen's Designs. Goodluck!

Unknown said...

So cute!! I love this little elf! Too cute!!! Thanks for playing with us at Tammy's Scrapin Corner!! Hope to see you again next week!

- Susan @ Tammy's Scrapin Corner

Unknown said...

LOL!!! I love the sentiment you put on the inside. Got a good chuckle! This is adorable!
Thank you for joining this weeks Meljen's Challenge.
Ruza ~ DT

sophiesmama said...

Your card is just adorable! Thank you for joining us at Paper Playtime!
Hugs,
Mary

Country Mouse said...

LOL! Super cute card!! Love the sentiment!
Thank you for sharing with us at Meljen's Designs~~~
audrey♥

Crafting Vicky said...

wow that's amazing using scraps to make this fantastic card! Totally love it. And the matching of all those stamps to make this is really awesome! I'm a new follower :D looking forward to your next creations!

Don’t forget to had GDT after your name if you want to be a Guest designer in an upcoming challenge! Thanks for joining us as Tammy's Scrapin Corner this week. Hope to see you again next week. DT Crafting Vicky

Ang said...

Freaking AWESOME job!! and congrats on going down in the hoarding level! heehee ;)

Rae Ann said...

Absolutely love this card, but I think I love your narration just a bit more! The coloring on the image is amazing and I love the postcard offset at an angle. Ummm...since you are not using those house gnomes...could you send them my way? I need to lose some hoarding XP myself. =P

Thank you for joining us this week at Meljen’s Designs for our Scrap It challenge!

Mrs.B said...

A great fun image.
Thanks for sharing with us at TioT
Avril

My name is Cindy said...

What a clever card - I lpve it! and that digi is so cute! Thank you for joining us at TioT. Cindy

Post a Comment

All comments give us a little exp, allowing us to level up faster! The Crafters Guild thanks your exp contribution!