Sunday 2 September 2012

Grumpy Gnome at the Market

It's only September and already the market stalls are filling with Christmas wares. Seems like it happens earlier and earlier each trip around the sun. The Lady Commander and I were strolling through Market Lane in a nearby village the other day browsing some of the festive goodies when we were stopped by a rather grumpy gnome. He followed us down the lane from stall to stall complaining about everything the entire time: the weather, the prices, the quality of goods offered. After awhile this grew rather tiresome and Angela sicced her familiar, Ronin, on the unlucky fellow. As we watched the leopard slash at the grumpy gnome, I thought to myself...he might look good on a card...
I started by colouring this digi from Meljen's Designs with my Prismacolors. I used a stamp from my new Dylusions "Christmas Accessories" set to stamp those pine branches. The sentiment came from the Dylusions "Christmas Words" set which I picked up at Market Lane last Friday. Let's open up this card...
This is the first time I've attempted a card like this, and was pretty happy with how it turned out. It earned me +79 folding exp points. The Merrry Christmas sentiment was stamped from the "Christmas Memories" Tim Holtz stamp set. 
 
I really like the sayings in that Dylusions "Christmas Words" set. They make me laugh.
I went on a serious buying spree at the market and also purchased a new Dylusions stencil - "Ho Ho Holly". I used it to create the four small green panels.
I also made a matching envelope using the larger pine branches stamp. I love those pine branches; they look so Christmasy. 

This pine fresh creation will be entered into the following challenges:
Meljen's Designs Challenge #125: Anything Goes
Divas By Design Challenge #50: Let's Celebrate 
Simon Says Stamp Challenge: Anything Goes 
The Perfect Sentiment Challenge #47: Anything Goes with a Sentiment
Creative Card Crew Challenge #18: Christmas  
Christmas Crafting Challenge #14: Traditional Christmas Colours

After Ronin taught that grumpy gnome some manners he turned out to be quite the personable fellow. The Lady Commander invited him to dinner tomorrow night. Ten gold coins says he complains about her cooking.

~ Guild Master Crystal ~ 

13 comments:

nancyparker55 said...

What a fanastic card! Love the image (& your colouring!) and the design is wonderful. Thanks for playing along with us over at Meljen's designs this week.

NanaConnie said...

Beautiful card, Crystal ! Love all the fancy folds. That little gnome happens to be a favorite of mine. :-D Love the sentiment. Thanks so much for playing along in our challenge at the Perfect Sentiment this week. Good luck in the draw.
NanaConnie DT

SAHLERS said...

Love this card so cute thanks for playing at Divas by Design
-sheryl-

Ani said...

Beautiful card! I love the fancy folds! Thanks for joining our Christmas challenge at CCC! Ani

Unknown said...

Hah, I love your card. I actually have it pinned as inspiration. :) I wanted to say thank you so much for entering this in Meljen's Designs this week. Good luck and keep up the good fight!

Candy C said...

This card is ADORABLE! I love the style of the card and the colorized digi is so cute! Love your sentiment, too! Thanks so much for stopping by my blog and leaving such a nice comment. I really appreciate it! <3 Candy

Unknown said...

Great card! Love all the fun sentiments!

Thanks for joining the Creative Card Crew challenge!

Sheena
xxx

karalschuknecht said...

Very nice card and I love the pine branches also

Jingle said...

This is so cute and I love the sentiments you used! So fun! Thanks so much for playing along with us over at the Simon Says Stamp Challenge Blog!

Allie Cat's Creations said...

Love that sentiment!! So cute!! Thanks for joining us this week at MelJen's! :)
~Gina

Joy said...

How fun is this card and I giggled when I saw that image... thanks for joining us at Simon Says Challenge blog

Elle said...

love the card, that grumpy elf is great.
Hugs
Elle
DT: Creative Card Crew

Debbie said...

Great, grumpy elf...I know someone close to home who this would be ideal for. Fabulous card. Thank you for joining us at Christmas Crafting this month.
Debbie x

Post a Comment

All comments give us a little exp, allowing us to level up faster! The Crafters Guild thanks your exp contribution!