Thursday 20 September 2012

Migration of the Mint Elephants

Good morrow, traveller. Thank you for stopping by the Guild Hall today. The Guardian of Glitter has returned from a crafting quest from the lands across the Pearlescent Sea. A great herd of rare mint elephants were roaming the region, their migration pattern having been disrupted when their leader was slain by a sepia shadowcat. The herd was wandering dangerously close to the village, so Nikki was dispatched to help the smallfolk of Mint Myst by leading the elephant herd along their migration route across the Peppermint Plains. Her tales of the quest with the mint elephants lead to the inspiration for my next craft.

My kinswoman, and Crafters Guild Mercenary, Kimmy, is with child. The village women have decided to hold a gathering in her honour to celebrate the upcoming whelping of the babe. My lady mother requested that I prepare an appropriate greeting parchment for her to bear to the celebration in my stead, as I will be away with other questing commitments.
I used greens and browns for this card as those are the colours in which they have decorated the nursery. They also didn't find out ahead of time the sex of the child, hence the sentiment "It's a baby" which I stamped from the Family & Friends My Pink Stamper set. The elephant I cut from the Birthday Bash cartridge and embossed using the good ol Swiss Dots folder (probably my most used one). The pacifier was cut from the Simply Charmed Cartridge. I added some buttons and a scrap of brown ribbon from my stash to finish this card off. This creation earned me +830 kawaii exp points, allowing me to level up!

I offer this up to the following challenges:
Die Cuttin' Divas Challenge #83: Elephant
Shopping Our Stash Challenge #69: Emboss It
My Craft Spot Challenge #69: Wild About You
Simon Says Stamp Challenge: Emboss It
The Corrosive Challenge #158: Animal Companions

The people of Mint Myst were so happy that the Guardian of Glitter saved their village from destruction by the leaderless herd (and made their village a little more sparkly along the way), they bestowed upon her a scepter made of peppermint candies. I advised Nikki it best to keep the spoil hidden from the Lady Commander, lest she want her prize eaten!

~ Guild Master Crystal ~

9 comments:

abusybee - DoubleClick Connections said...

Super fun! Great embossing and fun design! Thanks for joining us at DCD Guest Designer Carri~abusybee
www.doubleclickconnections.blogspot.com

lauren bergold said...

what a totally fab and ♥FUN♥ baby card! and a brilliant use of the dotty e/f on that super-cute elephant! thanks for SHOPPING YOUR STASH with us this week! :)

Migdalia said...

Very!Very!Cuet!Super Duper Cute!
Thanks for joining us at DCD this week.
Have a wonderful day,
Migdalia

Gerda said...

What a super cute and fun baby card!!! I am a new follower!!
Thanks for joining us at DCD this week!
Gerda
http://cardscreations.blogspot.com

Gwen said...

Very Cute and fun card! Thanks for playing at My Craft Spot.

Migdalia said...

Congrats on being featured this week at DCD!!!
Migdalia

Kate said...

This is so cute! The embossing is a fabulous touch!

Thanks so much for playing along with us at My Craft Spot!

Kate
Small Bits of Paper

debby4000 said...

Brilliant embossing and what a cute card.

Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamps Challenge.
luv
Debby

Jessi Fogan said...

That.elephant.is.so.stinking.CUTE!!!! Love it! Thanks so much for playing along with the embossing challenge at Shopping our Stash (and sorry for my belated comment!)

Post a Comment

All comments give us a little exp, allowing us to level up faster! The Crafters Guild thanks your exp contribution!