Tuesday 11 September 2012

A Melodious Gunblade

The market square was alive with the Fall Feast Festivities today. I went to purchase one of those new gunblades I've heard so much about and ended up strolling through the square, enjoying the music of the lutenists and flutists as they played and danced for the small folk. As I passed the Paperweaver's shop I noticed he was having a sale on music inspired paper. "I could sure use some of that," I thought to myself. "And it's not like paper goes bad," which is always how I justify buying more paper when the crafting chambers is clearly already bursting at the seams with the element. I rushed back to the Guild Hall, eager to use my new purchase in a creation.
So in reality I actually hoard music note paper like no tomorrow! If music note paper becomes a form of currency in some weird dystopian future I will be the richest person in the land! I love it and keep buying it and never use it because I don't want to cut it because I love it so much. Well I summoned up a bravery spell and managed to cut a sheet for the background of this card. I inked and distressed it to make it all old looking. The "olden days" Santa and star came from the Tim Holtz "Christmas Memories" set and the ticket is from his "Odds & Ends" set. The tag I inked using the winter Distress Inks. I also stamped some subtle snowflakes in the background that are just from some cheap Recollections stamps from Michaels. 
That little circle do-dad I got at a craft fair a year ago as part of a giveaway and have been "saving" it for some weird reason (because that's what I do), and finally decided to use it on this tag I made for this card. This earned me +91 bravery points, replenishing the ones I lost from casting that bravery spell.
The inside I stamped with a Close To My Heart music note background stamp (I think the set is called Universal Backgrounds, but I'm not sure because I actually borrowed this stamp from the Guardian of Glitter during one of our Christmas Card Crops). The sentiment and snowflakes are from the Penny Black "Let It Snow" set.
I also made an envelope and stamped the same star stamp on it to make it match the card.

This Christmas creation will be entered into the following challenges:
Pause Dream Enjoy Challenge #36: Music
Simply Create Too Challenge #21: So Old or Vintage
Cardz TV Stamps Design Team Challenge #14: Happy Holidays ~ Pick One!
Penny Black and More September Challenge: Early Christmas Makes 
Christmas Crafting Challenge #14: Traditional Christmas Colours
Use It Tuesday Challenge #39: Anything Goes (cut my music note paper I've had for over a year *gulp* and the metal do-dad I've been "saving" for a year)

As an aside, I've recently starting playing over at The Perfect Sentiment and they're having some anniversary celebrations over there:

Well, despite my unplanned trip to the Paperweaver Shop, I did manage to find that gunblade I was looking for. An adventurer named Squall recently stopped by the Guild Hall sporting one, and I thought it would make a nice addition to the armoury. I am excited to try it out during our next crafting quest!

~ Guild Master Crystal ~ 

11 comments:

Haven_mom4 said...

So glad you summoned the courage to cut into this melodiuios paper to join us at use it Tuesday

teachdanz said...

I think your card turned out gorgeous!! Kudos for braving it out and using such pretty paper and embellishments instead of hoarding them for that special someday!! Thanks for playing with us at Cardz TV Stamps and the Pick a HOliday challenge

Heather B said...

I think I would hoard music paper too, if I came across more of it. I think I do have a sheet or two hidden somewhere....or maybe an entire pack? I'll have to look and maybe pull it out for a UIT project in the future! Thanks for playing with us this week at Use It Tuesday....by the way, I LOVE your blog name (and tag line!)

DianeMoneyGoolsby said...

Wonderful Christmas card--love your Santa! Glad you could join in our Challenge #21 - "So Old/Vintage.`

Diane
Simply Create Too Design Team Member
http://DianesDigitalDesigns.blogspot.com/


Janis Lewis said...

Your posts are always so entertaining. I'm glad you bought the music paper and bravely cut it for this creation. It's beautiful! Thanks for playing with us at Pause Dream Enjoy Challenges. :) Janis

Cathy Dineen said...

I love the music paper, so pretty! Thanks so much for joining us at Use it Tuesday! :)

Jennipher said...

Thanks for posting about our Anniversary Celebration at The Perfect Sentiment.

Linby said...

Well done on cutting into your music paper, that currency comment really made be laugh. You've made a fab card, love the vintage feel.
Thanks for sharing with us at Penny Black & More this month.
Lynn x
DT

Debbie said...

Beautiful card. Thank you for sharing at Christmas Crafting.
Debbie x

Karen Clark said...

So did you actually roll two D20 for that bravery saving throw or do you have a random number generator on your computer? I'm old school. I prefer the pretty die!! I can tell that you would have understood my GenCon posts!! So excited to find another crafty geek!! I totally get the hoarding instinct!! I have to keep reminding myself that I bought it to use it - who am I kidding - I just WANTED IT!! *.*
Following your blog now!!

Jenn Borjeson said...

ROFL I totally do that with the papers I love - hoard them and never want to use them because I love them so. hee hee

Post a Comment

All comments give us a little exp, allowing us to level up faster! The Crafters Guild thanks your exp contribution!