Sunday 23 September 2012

Dark Angels Arise

Welcome to the Guild Hall. Last night we were visited by Sirran, the head of the dark angel clan who reside in the Chipped Sapphire Sky Palace. He came to seek the assistance of the Crafters Guild as the Sapphire Sky Palace was under assault by the mountain giants. The Lady Commander of Copics, Guardian of Glitter and I armed ourselves, mounted our horses and followed Sirran to the castle. We rode in silence, the only sounds coming from the beating of Sirran's shimmering golden wings and the thundering hooves of our mounts against the dry autumn terrain.

I was commissioned to make this for a friend's son's 18th name day celebration. The pictures in the Tim Holtz film strip ribbon are of him and various members of his family. But I'm getting ahead of myself. I started by spritzing the background with Dylusions spray inks, earning myself +89 splatter exp points. I then used some pearlescent airbrush paint that my lord husband had given me from his own crafting crypt to paint random circles. I also used a harlequin stencil on the corner with Chipped Sapphire Distress Ink. Then I stamped the angel boy Stampotique image and painted his wings with gold automotive airbrush paint. The sentiment is from the Dylusions "Quintessential Quotes" set. I added some screw brads on the side to make it good and masculine and also earned +90 metal element exp points.
Here is another view so you can see how shimmery that paint is. 
The inside was stamped with a stamp from the Tim Holtz "Odds & Ends" set and the "Birthday Crazy" My Pink Stamper set. 
The card with its envelope.

I will enter this into the following challenges:
Crafting for all Seasons Challenge #36: Things With Wings
Try It On Tuesday: Anything Goes September Challenge
The Perfect Sentiment Challenge #50: Masculine Birthdays
Hooked On Craft Challenge #24: Cards for Men 
Creative Craft Challenge2: Anything Goes

We were able to make it to the Chipped Sapphire Sky Palace in time to save it from complete destruction by the mountain giants. Sirran and the dark angel clan were grateful and bestowed upon me a legendary bow, made from wood from an ancient truffle tree. I have named the great bow, which grants me +391 attack points and +794 delicious points,  Fungi.  

As this was focused on a masculine name day card and I used some airbrush paint from my lord husband's crafting crypt to create it, I thought we'd take this opportunity to take a little diversion and peek into his crafting crypt.
He airbrushes goalie masks in his extremely limited spare time. He had just finished this one up and was off to deliver it. It made a little 10 year old female goalie extremely happy.

~ Guild Master Crystal ~

5 comments:

Bee and Dee said...

A really different card, really like it. Thank you for joining us on the TIOT challenge. Hugs Bee

Ang said...

Awesome job!! The card and the mask Travis did looks awesome!!
Great work both of you! :)

marion82 said...

very beautiful!!

Thanks for joining us at Creative Craft Challenges!!
hugs
xMx

you can visit http://whenthescraphitsthefun.blogspot.com/
for my free digis!!

Nikbee said...

A fab card. I love the background and the screw head brads are wonderful. Thank you for joining us at Creative Craft.
Nikki x

Bianca said...

What a pritty creation! I love it! Thank you for joining us at Crafting for all Seasons! xx Bianca

Post a Comment

All comments give us a little exp, allowing us to level up faster! The Crafters Guild thanks your exp contribution!