Wednesday 26 September 2012

A Rose is a Rose is a Rose

The Lady Commander of Copics, Guardian of Glitter and I decided to take Guild Apprentice Lindsay on her first real crafting quest. On the surface, the task seemed a menial one: locate and retrieve a pink glimmer rose. Glimmer roses are known to grow in only one place in the entire realm - Mount Jadestone. Mount Jadestone, however, is inhabited by a clan of ribbon harpies, making the quest harder than it appears on the surface. Armed with my new legendary bow, Fungi, I lead my guildys to the mountain to retrieve the pink glimmer rose.

I made this card for my friend, the Keeper of Secrets', daughter's 16th nameday. I started by cutting the "16" from the Art Philosophy cartridge. I threw away (and by "threw away" I mean "put into my ever expanding bits box") the white 16 that was cut out and used the negative space left on the white cardstock. I ran that sucker through the Cuttlebug and found a patterned piece of paper to put underneath the "16" hole in the white paper. The happy birthday was stamped with the "Sophie's Sentiments" Lawn Fawn set. I then cut the flowers from the Art Philosophy cartridge. After making seven of these (seventh flower not pictured) I wanted to KILL ALL FLOWERS EVERYWHERE! I was pretty frustrated by the end. I spritzed a couple with some Dylusions ink and sprayed all of them with perfect pearls mist.
Here's a close up so you can see the sparkliness of the perfect pearls mist a little better.
This inside was stamped with the "Wow! So Many Candles" My Creative Time stamp set. A little annecdote about the sentiment - when the Keeper of Secrets presented her son with his card on his 18th nameday, her daughter, clearly vexed, demanded to know where her custom made card was for her "sweet 16" which had passed two moons previous. Desperate, the Keeper of Secrets came to me, asking for another creation for her sweet daughter. Never one to turn down a crafting quest, I obliged. 

Normally I would make a matching envelope to go with the card, however the 3D flower made that an issue.
I instead crafted a box to place the card in (seventh flower frustratingly constructed pictured above).
As I knew the card wasn't going to be mailed, I figured it the perfect solution. The card laid in there as snug as a vampire in her coffin. I stamped the daughter's name using "Jessie's ABCs" from Lawn Fawn.
 The flower on the box was my favourite. It was also the sprakliest.

I offer this flowery endeavor to the following challenges:
Card Crafter's Circle Challenge #41: Ribbon and Roses
Simon Says Stamp and Show Challenge: For the Love of Sparkle
Simon Says Stamp Challenge: Anything Goes

We did manage to locate the rare pink glimmer rose which granted us all +49 shimmer exp points. Lindsay also learned a new spell which she recorded in her enchanted Book of Memories. I will use this pink glimmer rose to create some more elixirs for the Guild Hall as our stock has been depleted more quickly than normal. I fear we may have an elixir addict in our midst...

~ Guild Master Crystal ~

5 comments:

Lin said...

Beautiful roses! Thanks so much for sharing this with us at the Simon Says Stamp challenge this week!

Anna-Karin said...

Gorgeous project! The roses are so pretty and the box you created for the card looks great. Lovely dry embossing. Thank you for sharing with us at Simon Says Stamp and Show!

Sarn said...

Very pretty cards/boxes/roses galore.
Now, about these elixirs . . . .


xxx

Anne-Marie said...

Oh, yummy....so many gorgeous and sparkly roses....heaven! An absolutely beautiful creation...love every bit.....thanks so much for joining in our challenge at Card Crafter's Circle, and good luck!

Ang said...

Very PRETTY CARD!!! :)
I love the flowers! Such an awesome job!

Post a Comment

All comments give us a little exp, allowing us to level up faster! The Crafters Guild thanks your exp contribution!