Sunday 30 September 2012

The Square Oblongs?

Good morrow to you, traveller. Thank you for stopping by the Guild Hall today. The previous night we were out dungeon crawling, looking for some rare green-glow shrooms in the Cave of Forgotten Memories, when we stumbled upon some strange people residing in the depths of the dank caverns. They were a strange people, with hollow eyes and numerous disfigurements. There was an underground stream running next to where this odd family had set up home. On a hunch I tested the water using my cragnoganic crystal, and sure enough, detected extremely high levels of radiation in the water. These poor folk have been slowly poisoning themselves...or perhaps they are the radioactive ones and they have been poisoning the water...
I started by creating a background of square using scraps of the green and striped paper that I have left over from various other creations.
 Gluing all those small squares (1.25" x 1.25") down was a painstaking process, one which I am not eager to repeat. I then stamped out three of the Stampotique characters and coloured them up with my Prismacolors. I inked the edges with Antique Linen Distress Ink and distressed the edges with my blade - Paper Distresser, which grants me +34 shabby attack points. The sentiment was stamped from the "Christmas Words" Dylusions set. I used a scrap of red paper to create another square for the sentiment.
The inside sentiment was stamped from the My Pink Stamper "Biggie Christmas Sentiments" set. I used "Jessie's ABCs" from Lawn Fawn to add "the Thompsons".
I then made a wintery looking envelope to go along with this gigantic card (it measures 8.5" x 5.5" when closed).

I will be entering this creepy-cute Christmas creation into the following challenges:
Stampotique Designers Challenge #67: Squares
Stamping for Pleasure Challenge: Rudolph Day
Pause Dream Enjoy Challenge #39: Faces
Try it on Tuesday September Challenge 2: Lots of Layers
Use it Tuesday Challenge #40: Use Your Scraps! (all the squares were made from scrap pieces of paper that were too small for much else...don't ask me why I had saved them in the first place..oh...because I'm a paper hoarder...that's right.)

The creepy people were starting to freak us out, so we quickly took our leave and fled the Cave of Forgotten Memories without gathering the green-glow shrooms we had came for. We will have to search elsewhere for the rare fungi. Quest to be continued.

~ Guild Master Crystal ~

12 comments:

Sarn said...

Well, they sure freak me out and I would have RUN fast from the Cave of Forgotten Memories and taken my Geiger Counter with me.

I think you win the prize for WEIRDEST Christmas card so far Crystal.

Thanks for making a third and final entry to the Rudolph Day challenge. Good luck in the draw.

Hugs
Sarn xxx

Janis Lewis said...

Love these guys. How fun! Thanks for playing with us at Pause Dream Enjoy Challenges. :) Janis

Blue6366 said...

I'm with Sandra on this one. lol Thanks for playing along with us at PDE.

Ginger said...

I do love this. Thank you for entering it into the stampotique challenge this week.

Dawn said...

Love this!

Kaz said...

Fab and fun card, love that quote, I have it on a list of to do's. Thanks for joining us again at Stampotique.

Lizzie Laine said...

I just love your images and the background paper is great!

Thanks for joining us at Pause Dream Enjoy Challenges:)

Elaine
PDEC DT

Gez Butterworth said...

BRILLIANT & creative!!
Thank you for joining us again at Stampotique Designer's Challenge this week. Gez

Sue said...

A fabulous card, I can just picture you sticking all those squared down lol, and I love the Wintery envelope you've created. Thank you for sharing with us at Stampotique Designers challenge x

MrsD07 said...

So funky!! Thanks for joining us at Use it Tuesday!

Unknown said...

I love the images and sentiment! The little squares of stripe paper fits so well with the images. Thanks for joining us at Use It Tuesday!

Mrs.B said...

What a fun card.
Thanks for sharing with us at TioT
Avril

Post a Comment

All comments give us a little exp, allowing us to level up faster! The Crafters Guild thanks your exp contribution!