Friday 14 September 2012

Battle of the Basilisk

I got to use my new gunblade sooner than expected. I was just settling down in the crafting chamber, a mug of steaming tea in my hand, ready for a peaceful evening of creating when a shrill cry pierced the stillness of the night. Startled, I strode to the window and looked in the direction of the village. There were buildings on fire and I could see the small folk fleeing the village into the nearby forest. Soon the cause of all the trouble came into view - a giant basilisk. Towering over the rooftops, the enormous reptile was breathing fire and laying waste to the village. I quickly grabbed my gunblade, awoke the Lady Commander of Copics and rode to the village as swift as our mounts could carry us.

I made this card for my niece, Summer. The background started as a white piece of paper which I spritzed with Dylusions spray inks then ran through the Cuttlebug to emboss it. I earned a +203 exp point colour bonus for mixing those spray inks to create the vibrant background. The snake was cut using the Create-a-Critter cartridge. I added some yellow glitter to the top of his hat to curry favour with the Guardian of Glitter. The zig-zag pieces were cut from the Give a Hoot cartridge. I used the "Birthday Crazy" My Pink Stamper set for the happy birthday sentiment and the "Fontabulous" My Pink Stamper set for Summer's name.
My niece is eight and loves to shop so I made a gift card holder on the inside of the card. The inside sentiment was also stamped with the "Birthday Crazy" My Pink Stamper set.

I offer this creation to the following challenges:
Divas By Design Challenge #52: For a Child
Crafting for all Seasons Challenge #35: School Days/For a Child
Simply Create Too Challenge #22: Anything Goes
Try it on Tuesday: Anything Goes September Challenge
 
The Lady Commander of Copics and I were able to defeat the evil basilisk and save the village from complete ruin. Some of the town folk are still missing in the forest and I fear for what became of them. Hopefully they are not attacked by the zombie hoard that is known to roam those woods. Perhaps it's time to purchase a new weapon.

~Guild Master Crystal ~

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi there, what a fun card - love the snake!!

Thanks for joining in with us at Divas by Design this week.

Sarah

Carol said...

Cute card, thanks for joining us at CFAS this time. Carol DT x

Rina said...

Super cute card... love that pocket for the gift card.

Thanks for joining the Divas this week,
Rina

DianeMoneyGoolsby said...

Crystal: Glad you could join our Challenge #22 - "Anything Goes". Your niece Summer is sure to love your card--it is a beauty!

Diane
Simply Create Too Design Team
http://DianesDigitalDesigns.blogspot.com

Bee and Dee said...

A lovely card. Thank you for joining us on the TIOT challenge. Hugs Bee




Mrs.B said...

This is a great fun card.
Thanks for joining us at TioT
Avril

Post a Comment

All comments give us a little exp, allowing us to level up faster! The Crafters Guild thanks your exp contribution!