Sunday 30 September 2012

So Fresh and So Clean

After a hard day of questing yesterday, it is laundry day here at the Guild Hall. Armor and tunics tend to get messy while dungeon crawling for crafty exp points. The house gnomes take care of the tunics and small clothes, but I prefer to tend to the magical armor pieces myself, so as not to disturb the delicate enchantments upon them. After all the scrubbing and cleaning, the laundry inspired me to create a card...as most activities tend to do. 

I started by stamping the "Santa's Gear" image from Stamp-It Australia and colouring it with Prismacolors. The sentiment came from the Dylusions "Christmas Words" set. I embossed a red piece of cardstock with a brick pattern and inked it using the Fired Brick Distress Ink. Then, after handling that, I had red ink on my hands and, much to my dismay, got a smudge on my nice white cardstock. After numerous obscenities were uttered yelled, I decided to try and make the best of it. To try and cover up the blemish, I stamped the "SC" from the Kaisercraft "Twig & Berry Postmarks" set, earning me +89 stealth exp points.
 My final touch was adding some glitter to the "fuzzy" parts of the clothes.
The inside sentiment was from some cheap Recollections brand holiday set I got from Michaels. I thought is went well because the hanging banner is reminiscent of the hanging clothes line on the front of the card.
I made a matching envelope out of kraft paper and used the Echo Park "Holly Jolly" set to decorate it.

I shall be entering this freshly laundered creation into the following challenges:
Try It On Tuesday September Challenge 2: Lots of Layers
Simon Says Stamp Challenge: Anything Goes
Stamping for Pleasure: Rudolph Day
ABC Christmas Challenge: S is for Santa Claus is Coming to Town
Simon Says Stamp and Show: For the Love of Sparkle

With our armor, tunics, cloaks and small clothes clean, the Crafters Guild is ready for our next adventure. Hopefully to somewhere cleaner, as it is incredibly difficult to remove stains from my Shimmering Rainbow Armor when it's "hand wash only".

~ Guild Master Crystal ~

6 comments:

Dan said...

Lovely card, that bit of sparkle finishes it off perfectly. Thanks so much for joining us for this week's Simon Says Stamp and Show Challenge!

Sarn said...

Fab n funky second entry to the Rudolph Day challenge. Shame about the smudge, but I can't see it and your secret is safe with me! LOL!

Hugs
Sarn xxx

zandra said...

Such a cute card and love the snowflakes. Thanks for playing with us at TIOT.
Hugz, Z

Zw@@n said...

I love this card, the image is great. Thank you for joining us at ABC Christmas Challenge. Love, Wilma

Helen said...

Fabulous card!
Thanks for playing at the ABC Christmas Challenge!
Helen x

Anonymous said...

haha!! great card what a fun idea! Thanks for Playing along with us this time at ABC Christmas Challenge this time, Samantha :0)

Post a Comment

All comments give us a little exp, allowing us to level up faster! The Crafters Guild thanks your exp contribution!