Wednesday 5 September 2012

The Ribbon Reaping

The Guild Hall is filled with sadness today as we mourn the loss of our fellow adventurers. All the guilds banded together to battle against the great war orcs in what will be henceforth known as the Ribbon Reaping. The war orcs stormed our lands and began destroying the forests from which the seamstresses harvest the ribbon. Many die rolls were failed, and many fell to the viscous orcs. We saved as many ribbon forests as we could, but the damage was great. The Crafters Guild made some cards to send to the families who lost brave warriors in the battle.

I used the Winter Woodland cartridge to cut the card base which came with the bird on it. It was trial and error to find the size to cut the layers for the bird, but I managed to do it earning me +68 slice damage exp points. I stamped the flower and the sentiment using a cheap Inkadinkado stamp set. The music note paper I also ran through the music note embossing folder and lightly rubbed it with fired brick Distress Ink so the embossing was a little more noticeable. A Tim Holtz adage ticket and some ribbon finished off the front.
The inside I left blank, so a personal message could be added to this sympathy card.
This time instead of stamping something on the front of the envelope to make it match, I stamped a row of flowers on the flap.

This paper pick-me-up will be entered into the following challenges:
Pause Dream Enjoy Challenge #35: You're So Tweet
My Craft Spot Challenge #68: Hope is Rising
Simon Says Stamp Challenge: Put a Stamp on It

Today we raise banners crafted from ribbons in honor of those who fought protecting our forests in the Ribbon Reaping. 

~ Guild Master Crystal ~

3 comments:

Janis Lewis said...

Oh my goodness. Love the layout, the cut out, the colors, the tickets, the red ribbon.... GREAT card again! Thanks for playing with us at Pause Dream Enjoy Challenges. :) Janis

debby4000 said...

Oh what a wonderful card.

Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamps Challenge.>
luv
Debby

rockpapercricut said...

What a pretty card. I love the bird and the musical background paper. Great touch adding little flowers to your envelope. Thanks for entering your card in the weekly challenge at My Craft Spot. :)

Ally

Post a Comment

All comments give us a little exp, allowing us to level up faster! The Crafters Guild thanks your exp contribution!