Sunday 16 September 2012

You Want Me To Do WHAT With The Turkey's Butt?!

As I was taking the direwolves on their nightly hunt I began to notice that many of the trees' leaves are already yellowing - a sure sign that autumn is upon us. In fact when I checked the date, I realized that in only three short weeks we would be gathering with family and feeding on the carcass of a turkey for the annual Thanksgiving Feast. After the direwolves had eaten their fill of rabbit and squirrel I returned to the Guild Hall, went to the crafting chamber and began constructing a card in preparation for the celebration of the turkey corpse.
I started by stamping out Thursday by The Greeting Farm and colouring her with Prismacolors in a "fall" palette. The turkey I cut from Simply Charmed. The sassy sentiment came from the Dylusions "Christmas Words" set. Thursday just looks like she has so much attitude, I thought the sentiment seemed like something she'd say. This earned me +59 sarcastic exp points, which really amounts to nothing as my level is maxed out in that attribute. {lol} I tied some baker's twine through two huge, ugly, clear buttons I had kicking around in my button bin. Man it felt nice to use those up. 
Inside of the card. Nice and simple.

I offer this sarcastic creation to the following challenges:
The Perfect Sentiment Challenge #49: Fall & Baker's Twine
The Greeting Farm Challenge: Jumping in the Leaves - RETRO Style
Simply Create Too Challenge #22: Anything Goes
Card Crafter's Circle Challenge #40: Gone Gingham
Mark's Finest Papers Simple Salutation Challenge #11: Autumn

The Guardian of Glitter related a humorous anecdote of last Thanksgiving Feast when her lady sister did not wish to violate the turkey by putting the stuffing through its anus and wanted to stuff it through the neck. Unfortunately Nikki's kin didn't know the head from the ass and ended up stuffing it up the butt anyways. Oh Lady Pamela.

~ Guild Master Crystal ~

8 comments:

Unknown said...

So funny! Love the image and sentiment :) Thanks for joining us this week at The Perfect Sentiment!

Sam Pirkle said...

Too cute... Your little girl stamp is very funny. Thanks for joining us at The Perfect Sentiment.

Paula Bee said...

That is just too funny! Love the sentiment!! Thanks for joining us at The Perfect Sentiment!

Sunshine HoneyBee said...

Whimsy card. Thanks for entering the Perfect Sentiments Ch Fall For You with Twine.
Melissa
"Sunshine HoneyBee"
Sept Perfect Sentiments Guest Designer

Sunshine HoneyBee said...

Wanted to let you know you can also enter this wonderful Autumn card in Mark's Finest Papers (MFP) Simple Salutations Ch#11 Autumn challenge that I host wkly on Wed. Membership in MFP is free. Please join, enter & let them know I sent you.
Melissa
"Sunshine HoneyBee"
Simple Salutations Hostess

Sunshine HoneyBee said...

Thanks for taking me up on entering this whimsy card into MFP Simple Salutations Ch#11 Autumn/Fall incl holidays.
Melissa
"Sunshine HoneyBee"
MFP Simple Salutations Hostess

Pauline said...

Too cute! I love the gingham, and the cheek! I feel sorry for the turkey. Thanks for sharing at the Card Crafter's Circle!

Beate said...

A funny card, very well done! Thank you for joining us at Simply Create Too Challenge #22.
Beate

Post a Comment

All comments give us a little exp, allowing us to level up faster! The Crafters Guild thanks your exp contribution!