Saturday 8 September 2012

Dog and Owl Sitting In a Tree, K-i-s-s-i-n-g...

A message arrived at the Guild Hall attached to the foot of an ebony raven. I unfurled the scroll and read the plea. It was a crafting quest! It has been weeks since I've embarked on a true crafting quest. It appears a villager requires a holiday card and would like it to include an image of a dog and an owl. Strange. "Quest accepted," I said to the raven. With a squawk of acknowledgement, the bird spread its wings and returned to the author of the message.
I started by cutting the puppy from Create-A-Critter and embossing his fur to give him some texture. His Santa hat I cut from Winter Frolic as well as the owl on the wooden branch. I stamped out the custom sentiment and attached it with a metal brad that matches the ribbon. 
The inside was embossed with the Cuttlebug. I used an Inkadinkado stamp for the inside to finish off the sentiment started on the front. 

This Christmas creation will be entered into the following challenges:

The villager was pleased with the creation and rewarded me with a wooden bow. I would have preferred a new ink pad or stamp set, but I'll take it. Perhaps I can trade it with the hunchbacked dwarf on Punchy Lane...hmmm...Completing this deed earned me +293 exp points, which is just quite not enough to level up yet. I'll need to finish at least one more. Quest complete!

~ Guild Master Crystal ~

10 comments:

Mimi said...

Sweet card and of course you are using Create a Critter! I really want the "2" version!

mimi2trentdrew.blogspot.com
Cardztv Design Team

Make sure and visit my blog! I'm giving away a Cardztv stamp set!

Mynn xx said...

This is absolutely darling!!! LOVE your pieced dies on the front and the stamping on the inside is fabulous! If you have time, I would love it if you'd join me at Technique Tuesday for our monthly challenge! :)

Marilyn's Cricut Crafts said...

I so love all the detail you put into your card. The ribbon looks a faux tree, embossing on the dog, inside of card finished off. Well done!!

Elaine aka Ellapu said...

This is alot of fun fab... thanks for sharing over at CCC this week
Elaine DT

FiLoMa said...

This is a very cute card. Such a cute doggy. Thanks for playing along at Creative Card Crew. Cheers FiLoMa DT

Sarah said...

Hehe this is so fun! I love the embossing on the pup and the sentiment inside is hilarious! Love it :) Thanks for creating with us at CardzTV!

Sarah :)
sarahvaitstamps.blogspot.com

Ginger said...

Love this card! Thanks for joining us at Cardztv Design Team Challenge.

lauren bergold said...

what a fun and FABULOUS holiday card, those critters are just toooooooooooooo totally adorable! thanks for SHOPPING YOUR STASH with us this week! ♥

Tamie said...

Loving all the textures you used. Thank you so much for sharing your inspiration with us at 4 Crafty Chicks.

Vickie ODell said...

What a clever sentiment! I love the embossing on your pup. It's a really cute card. Thanks for sharing it with us at The Perfect Sentiment.

Post a Comment

All comments give us a little exp, allowing us to level up faster! The Crafters Guild thanks your exp contribution!